Rebuilding Together New Orleans is assessing needs and preparing to respond to Hurricane Ida. Click here to make a contribution! You can get the most up to date information on Facebook and Instagram
Our Web site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. This includes a firewall and 24 hour monitoring of site activities by our hosting service provider as well as 128-bit SSL encryption on all transaction oriented operations between and Rebuilding Together New Orleans, Inc. via our transaction service provider, Authorize.net.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our accounting clerk, or IT administrator) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our staff is notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they are required to do to ensure our donors’ information is protected. Finally, the servers that we use to store personally identifiable information on are kept behind an enterprise class firewall, in a secure environment.
A. Information Collection and Use
The Site collects information about Site visitors in several ways, which include:
- through your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which does not contain any personal information,
- through any email correspondence you send to us,
- when you submit information using an online order or other input form on the Site
- in secure e-commerce transactions
- when you subscribe to e-newsletters
- IP Address. Your web browser automatically transmits certain information when you visit our Site, such as the IP address through which you are accessing the Internet. Our web servers use the IP address to return the web pages you have chosen to view. In addition, our servers log the IP address and other information concerning Site visits, including the date and time of access. We use this information to administer and improve the Site. Your IP address does not contain your name or email address.
- Email Correspondence. When you send us email correspondence, we obtain your return email address and any personal information that you include in the email. We may share this information internally, with affiliates, or with partners to give appropriate consideration to its content and, if appropriate, to prepare a response. We ordinarily do not disclose your email correspondence in any other manner, unless you request otherwise or we need to disclose it for legal reasons.
- Online Input and Order Forms. When you submit information using our online input and order forms, we obtain the information you submit and may use the information to contact you about services in which you have expressed interest. We also may share the information internally, with affiliates, or with partners for reasons related to services and resources provided through RTNO. We ordinarily do not disclose such information in any other manner, unless you request otherwise or we need to disclose it for legal reasons.
- E-commerce Transactions. Orders placed for secure e-commerce transactions may require that you submit your name, email address, shipping address, credit card billing address, card number, expiration date, and/or other personal information. We obtain the information you submit. We use credit card numbers for payment processing. We may use other information you submit with an order to contact you about other items we believe may be of interest to you. In addition, if we have trouble processing an order, we use the contact information you provided to get in touch with you.
- E-newsletters. If you wish to subscribe to any of our newsletters, we require certain contact information (such as name and e-mail address). We use this information to send you the newsletter as requested. We may also use it to contact you about other items we believe may be of interest to you. Users who no longer wish to receive a newsletter may opt-out of receiving the newsletter using the specific instructions found at the bottom of each newsletter or its corresponding web page.
B. Additional Terms
- Rebuilding Together New Orleans may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (a) to comply with the law or legal process, (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of RTNO, or © to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of RTNO employees or agents, Site visitors, or members of the public.
- The Site is intended for an audience of adults in the United States of America. RTNO does not knowingly collect personal information on the Site from persons outside the United States or from children .
- The Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of sites other than the Site.
If you have any questions or concerns about your privacy on the Site, or wish to opt-out of any email list, please contact us at: