Schedule Service Into Your Visit
Rebuilding Together New Orleans welcomes all groups to volunteer while they are in town! This is a great location for alternative spring breaks, conference service days, school service trips, church groups, team building exercises, and many more. Schedule some time to give back and learn about New Orleans by giving back to the community and seeing first hand what makes New Orleans so special. The work you will be doing will make a tremendous impact on the residents of Orleans Parish.
A Day Volunteering with RTNO:
- Volunteer days are Monday- Friday 9am-4pm
- Volunteers will arrive on site and receive a safety debriefing and receive a full understanding of what you are expected for the day.
- The volunteer friendly work may be anything from exterior and interior painting, installing ADA approved grab bars and handrails, working on a wheelchair ramp and/or stairs, installing a fence, and much more!
- You do not need to have any experience at all, we will teach you on the service days!
How to Volunteer:
- Email email@example.com
- Call our Program Manager, 504.636.3075
- We ask for large groups to please schedule at least 1 month in advance, and for smaller groups at least 2-3 week in advance
- If planning to volunteer during summer, winter, and/or spring break please contact RTNO as soon as possible to make sure we can accommodate your group because that is our busy season!
What to Wear and Bring:
- Wear clothes that can get dirty or paint stained
- Wear closed toed shoes
- Dress for the weather
- Bring a reusable water bottle (cold, filtered water provided)
- Apply sunscreen and bug spray regularly (both provided, but we recommend bringing extra)